Friday, October 14, 2011

10 reasons why Matt and I aren't being Rosemary's baby for Halloween

For the past two Halloween's I have been dying to have Matt get home from his mission so that we could do an awesome couple costume together.  Seriously Matt was back for probably a week when I told him that we had to start thinking of what we could be for Halloween (10 months in advance). Needless to say I have been pretty excited about it. I had come up with several awesome ideas but Matt continually turned every single one down.  Then one day Matt had the weirdest idea ever.  He excitedly told me that we should be Rosemary and Rosemary's baby from the book/movie Rosemary's Baby. Well I gave him an absolute "no" for an answer but for some reason every time someone asks us what we are being he tells them we are dressing as Rosemary and Rosemary's baby. He says he's kidding. I'm pretty sure he's not. Whether he's kidding or not, I wanted to set the record straight and let everyone know we are NOT being Rosemary's baby. Here's why:

10. I don't want to be Rosemary
 I don't like her outfits in the movie. I don't like her hair. It's a boring costume. And besides those reasons, I don't look like her (which I guess you don't really HAVE to look like what you are dressing up as but it always helps...). More importantly, I don't want to have anything to do with Satan. 

9.  I don't want Matt to be my "baby"
That would be creepy, right?
8.  I don't want Matt to be Satan's "baby"
Wouldn't that be even creepier? I don't want my husband to be Satan's offspring. Even as pretend.
7. Satan wouldn't want Matt as his baby
In the story, satan wants a baby to do some "hell raising" on earth. The only hell raising Matt's ever done is spray his 4 year old nephew in the face with a watergun on his birthday. Ok... maybe that does fit the part.
6. Matt wouldn't even be able to pull of being a baby
My 6'4'' husband trying to be....
This? 

Please. That'd be hilarious.

5.  Hardly anyone would know what we were even dressed as
Let's be honest. How many of you have ever seen the movie and would guess a couple dressed as Rosemary and her baby? Probably no one. If anyone guessed what we were they would just guess I was a fat lady and Matt a big tall zombie.
4. It isn't a movie we really want to be advertising
It's about a woman who gives birth to satan's baby. Enough said.  
3. They would both be boring characters to act like
Matt would walk around crying all night and I would just be pregnant.

2. How would we ever be able to compete with these guys?
 

1. The last and most important reason why we absolutely are NOT being Rosemary and her baby this Halloween is.......

it's a stupid idea.
(No explanation needed)

So sorry Matt, for bursting your bubble. But we won't be looking like this for Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha Oh my goodness, that was so silly, I'm glad to hear you're not going to be that for Halloween!! Be somethin cute and creative! Loved the post by the way!! Soooo funny! Love you
    Rica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha most hilarious post ever! Loved it. That goofy hubby of yours!

    ReplyDelete