Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Day

Have you ever seen a movie that just really effected you? Maybe I am the only one but sometimes I will see a movie that I just think about for days and days and cannot get out of my head. I haven't had it happen since I saw 500 Days of Summer, but it happened the other night. Me and Matt went to his parent's house for dinner and his is mom, Dodi, said that she had watched a movie the other night that was a real "tear jerker". Anyone who really knows me knows that I am a sucker for tear jerkers. I don't know why. My dad always used to say to me "Why would you watch things that make you sad when there are enough sad things in life already?" He's right. Life can be really tough on its own so I'm not sure why I would spend my time watching something that is written specifically to be sad. It's bad too because I always get super depressed when I watch sad movies or listen to sad songs. I always put myself in the situation of the main characters and apply what is going on in the movie to the people that I love. I guess I have a serious love/hate relationship with sad movies. I think it's a relationship that I need to end. Like, seriously. But anyway, last night I didn't think about how unhealthy this relationship might be. As soon as I heard my mother in law say the words "tear jerker" both Matt and I knew there was nothing that could stop me from watching that movie.
I can't really recommend the movie because there were some themes in it that are a little offensive. But it is a really cool idea. It shows this relationship between two friends throughout a span of 20 years and it shows their ups and downs and how they progress together. When it ended I was so sad. I cried and cried. I would calm myself down and then think about it again and cray all over. The next day I watched the trailer like 5 times and cried some more. Anyway, if you are looking for something to make you cry, check it out. Matt liked it too so it isn't a complete chick flick...

1 comment: