Monday, June 18, 2012

Pitts' fam dictionary part I

For the last 5 years Matt and I have had continuous friendly banter about some of the words in my vocabulary. He claims that I talk weird while I argue that the words I use are completely normal. It wasn't until a few weeks ago, when he started listing off some of my common words and phrases, that I realized he might be right. The Pitts kids do have a lingo of their own.

Matt's list inspired me to contact my siblings and put our heads together so that we could come up with a bunch of the most frequently spoken Pitts words. I compiled the list into it's own dictionary so that others, if exposed, can understand us.

Boot, n. No different than the real definition of boot, except its pronounced like foot.
Brewskies, n. Used in place of the name of any beverage.
Egyptian, n. A zit right between your eyebrows. Not meant as a racial allusion, it came about by mistaking the Indian culture with that of the Egyptians.

Geegles, n. 1. Glasses 2. A nickname for my sister Kim.

General Authoriy, n. A long prayer.
Ghetta, n. Used in the place of "ghetto."
Jncos, n. Used for pants or shorts or basically any article of clothing used to clothe the waist down.
Kee gas/keek, n. A creative substitute for flatulence related words.
Morning Breath, n. The stanky breath you wake up with every morning. (I'm pretty sure this is a real phrase but Matt didn't believe that it was so I thought I would include it for his sake). 
Scones, v. A replacement for the phrase "lets go".
Sinkins, n. The television show, the Simpsons.
Snaiksel, n. A nickname for my sister, Rachel.

Suis, v. Used in the place of the word suicide (pronounced "sue-ease").
Tight face, n. What your face looks like when you first wake up. You can't really smile and you look like a completely different person.

VTS day, n. An abbreviated term for Valentine's Day.



3 comments:

  1. so funny I know aar will have some more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love our lingo! I don't know why but I laughed way hard at the boot one. Ha ha! Where in the world did that come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning breath...definitely a common phrase! These are too funny!

    ReplyDelete