Tuesday, June 19, 2012

popped lung take 2

So if any of you read my blog a few months ago you would know that almost exactly 6 months ago Matt was in the hospital because he collapsed his right lung. He had what is called a spontaneous pneumothorax (if any of you have seen Just Like Heaven, you know what I'm talking about). It's basically a collection of air around the lung that puts enough pressure on the lung to collapse it. Usually when someone collapses a lung its because of some sort of puncture to the lung like a stab wound or a car accident. The first time it happened Matt was walking around on campus, who knew school could be so dangerous, huh? Anyway, apparently it is common in tall, skinny, young males. Everything that Matt is. So we spent 6 days in the hospital in December.

On Thursday Matt was at work (he works as a bank teller so nothing too crazy) and he felt the exact same pain as the first time except this time it was on his left side. So we went to my parent's house to get a blessing from my dad. We both felt very calm and felt like everything would be ok. So we didn't go to the hospital that night. The next morning though we both felt like we needed to get to the emergency room. So we did and basically we heard the exact same thing that we heard 6 months before.

It seriously broke my heart. My poor Matty. I hated seeing him go through it the first time and it sucks just as bad the second.

But if you know anything about Matt, you know that he can make people laugh even in the worst of times. We have done a couple photo shoots since he has been in the hospital that I think are hilarious. So I thought I would share.

P.S. Did I mention that we will be in the hospital over our year anniversary? Happy one year, huh? Ah well.


A pic of his chest tube

His true love

At least was have a cool view from our room


First sort of father's day was spent in the hospital. Poor guy.

Snuggled up in Sam's blanky



lovin the ride



abandoned

Our first family pic. Baby boy Weiler at 19 weeks.

sweet sister. Love her. We couldn't have done this without her



Anyway, hope you enjoyed those. I want to thank everyone who has brought us food or came to visit or  prayed for him. It means so much and we really appreciate it. Let's hope this doesn't happen again in another six months because then we will have a little boy to take care of! Cray-zay!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm commenting on all your posts but I'm lovin these pics! The abandoned one made me laugh and cry at the same time! I'm so sorry you're in the hospital for so long :( Poor Matt is such a trooper! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sad day! Hope he recovers well! Ang, you look too cute. We should get together after all of your madness dies down! Let me know if we can help with meals or anything!

    ReplyDelete