Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Be careful not to blink...

My Tommy is 2 months old and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. I know everyone says that, but seriously

I love life with him. 

He makes me happier than I ever knew a little baby could. He is the sweetest thing in the world. He smiles and laughs and coos. He doesn't just smile with his mouth, he smiles with his whole body. He kicks his little legs and waves his tiny arms. 

I love watching him discover the world around him. His favorite thing is "the baby in the mirror". There is a mirror above his swing and he can watch that little baby looking back at him all day. 

He usually wakes up about twice in the night to eat. I had tried laying down while feeding him a few times and he wouldn't have it. He'd try for a second then scream at me until I picked him up and took him to the rocking chair. But a of couple nights ago I tried it once again and he ate like he had never eaten any other way. I was so excited! After a couple of nights of laying down to feed him and barely waking up as he ate, I realized that I really missed those middle of the night feedings. 


I missed the quiet house. I missed the dimly lit bedroom. I missed the rocking chair. But mostly I missed the sleepy baby and the sleepy mommy silently snuggling together. I missed softly talking to my sweet boy and telling him how much I love him. I missed singing to him and whispering my hopes and dreams for his future into his ear. I missed starring at all of his perfectly tiny features while he guzzled away. I missed him taking forever to burp so that he could have a little extra cuddle time with mom. I missed him falling asleep in my arms feeling safe, happy, full, and most of all, loved.

Needless to say we are back to eating in the rocking chair every night. I figure I should take advantage of the time that he so willingly lays in my arms and snuggles because I swear, if I close my eyes for too long he'll be all grown up.



No comments:

Post a Comment